CAPZA, an independent management company and leading player in private investments in European SMEs – acquires a majority stake in Eidosmedia S.p.A. (“Eidosmedia”) a leading international player in Content Management System (CMS) solutions.
Eidosmedia develops innovative content management solutions serving clients with high-value content and complex workflow management needs. Its software covers the end-to-end content lifecycle for very large published media, financial research, academic and public research and corporate organizations.
Established in 1999, with its engineering team based in Milan, Eidosmedia is today a leading global supplier with over 200 employees across European, North American and Asia Pacific locations, and generates €29m in revenues. Its growing customer base includes major news publishers like Financial Times, Ouest France, Il Sole 24 Ore, News Corp, Funke Mediengruppe, large organizations like Deutsche Post and the Union of European Football Associations, the world’s top rating agency in addition to 4 out of the top 5 investment banks.
In recent years, with the backing of the newly established management team, Eidosmedia transitioned to a SaaS model and diversified its offering expanding further into the digital media, financial research, and corporate segments.
CAPZA will hold the majority investment together with senior management of the Group led by CEO Christian Pelanconi and replaces the current majority shareholder Hg.
With the support of CAPZA, Eidosmedia will:
• complete the transition to SaaS of existing customer base;
• deliver new customer growth in media, financial research and corporate & government segments;
• develop partnerships with system integrators in key geographies;
• continue to invest in innovation across the entire product portfolio by further extending the group’s digital capabilities;
• implement the Group’s buy and build strategy.
This is CAPZA’s second transaction in Italy and the first Italian transaction for CAPZA 5 Flex Equity. CAPZA opened offices in downtown Milan in January 2021, with a growing team presently formed by Stefano Zavattaro, Partner and Country Head, and Tommaso Galletta, Associate.
“We believe there are many opportunities in the Italian market, with dynamic companies looking to expand across Europe who can benefit from our European network of partners with deep local knowledge. Particularly, companies can rely on CAPZA’s strong knowledge of tech / digital markets with more than 750 million Euros invested since 2004.” Christophe Karvelis-Senn, Executive Chairman and Founder of CAPZA
“We are excited to support Eidosmedia in this phase of its development. We believe the Group can capitalize on a leadership positioning in its core markets and on an experienced international management team driving an ambitious program with our backing.” Stefano Zavattaro, Head of CAPZA’s Italian Office
“CAPZA is an ideal partner to accompany Eidosmedia’s journey and evolution, helping us to implement a transformational plan including our M&A play, leveraging on their strong expertise in supporting companies in the technology and B2B services sectors.” Christian Pelanconi, Eidosmedia CEO
About CAPZA Flex Equity
Through the CAPZA Flex Equity range of funds, CAPZA offers flexible financing solutions combining majority or minority equity, convertible bonds and mezzanine to support small and mid-cap companies with EBITDA ranging from €4m to €12m in their development projects.
Since 2004, CAPZA Flex Equity teams have completed 78 transactions combining equity and mezzanine. Close to entrepreneurs and benefiting from a deep knowledge of the industry, the CAPZA Flex Equity teams offer hybrid long term financing solutions that adapt to the company's project.
Created in 2004, CAPZA(1) is an established European private investment platform focused on small and mid-cap companies. The company is majority owned by its teams and supported by the AXA Group.
With €5.1bn of assets(2), CAPZA places its experience and passion for developing businesses at the service of investors in Europe and worldwide with its platform of 6 complementary areas of expertise: Flex Equity, Private Debt, Transition(3), Artemid(4), Growth Tech and Expansion.
CAPZA offers financing solutions to small and mid-cap companies at every stage of their development. Its unique platform allows CAPZA to support companies over the long term by providing them with custom made financing solutions (majority equity, minority equity, subordinated debt, senior debt, etc.). CAPZA is a generalist but has built up strong expertise in supporting companies in the health, technology and services sectors.
CAPZA Group has about 80 employees based in Paris, Munich, Madrid and Milan.
(1) CAPZA (formerly Capzanine) is the commercial name of Atalante SAS, portfolio management company approved on 11/29/2014 by the « Autorité des Marchés Financiers » under GP-04000065.
(2) Including assets managed by a third party and advised by Artemid SAS. Based on valuations as of 12/31/20 and also including funds raised until March 2021.
(3) The funds of the CAPZA Transition range are managed by the asset management company CAPZA, and advised by CAPZA Transition SAS which has financial investment advisor status (CIF in France), is registered under the Orias under the number 18001601 since the 23/03/2018.
(4) The funds of the Artemid range are managed by both by a third party and by the asset management company CAPZA and advised by Artemid SAS, which is a subsidiary of CAPZA and Amiral Gestion and has financial investment advisor status (CIF in France). Artemid SAS is registered by the Orias under the number 14003497 since the 05/28/2014.