Eidosmedia respects your privacy and recognises the importance of protecting the personal information that we hold.
This statement sets out the rights that you have in respect of your personal information. It also details how and what personal information we collect, what purposes we use that information for and who we share that information with.
The Data Controllers of the processing of the navigation data provided on the site is Eidosmedia S.p.a. based in via Carlo Imbonati, 18, 20159 Milano.
Data Protection Officer
Eidosmedia has appointed a group Data Protection Officer (DPO). The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
How we collect personal information
Eidosmedia collects information from you when you interact with us, e.g. when:
• you are an actual or potential customer;
• you are an actual or potential consultant, supplier, advisor or business partner;
• you are a business owner, entrepreneurial leader or talented individual who is interested in the work we do or the opportunities we provide;
• you visit our website;
• you send us an email, for example when you are sending us your CV for recruitment purposes;
• you sign up to our news notifications via any registration form on our website;
• you engage with us on social media;
• you contact us by any means with queries, interests or concerns;
• you have an appointment with us, including one of our conferences or networking events;
• you choose to complete surveys we send you;
• you visit one of our offices which have CCTV systems which record your image and operated for the security of both visitors and staff; and / or
• you choose to provide us with your personal information during business encounters, for example in the form of a business card.
Eidosmedia collects information about you from other sources when:
• you are a recruitment candidate and have given a third-party employment recruiter permission to share with us your CV;
• you are an actual or potential customer;
• you are an actual or potential consultant, supplier, advisor or business partner;
• you are a business owner, entrepreneurial leader or talented individual who is interested in the work we do or the opportunities we provide; or
• the information is made available on commercial websites.
The personal information collected
Customers, consultants, suppliers, advisers and existing and potential business partners
The information that Eidosmedia collects includes names, email addresses, work addresses, and information required to verify your identity, including passports, identification documents and proof of home addresses for Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, references, background checks and other similar checks. Other information will also be collected where it is contained in consultancy agreements, engagement letters or other forms of written agreements.
Eidosmedia News and Updates
If you subscribe to Eidosmedia news and updates or are a business partner to Eidosmedia, we collect your name, email address and place of work. This information will be used to send you news and other updates (including marketing material). If you would like to stop receiving this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails.
Job Applicants and Future Talent
If you are applying for a job, please send your CV to email@example.com. When you send us your CV, we will collect the information listed on your CV and use this information for the purpose of recruitment by Eidosmedia. If you are not selected for employment we may keep your information for up to 18 months, in case of other opportunities, after which we will delete it. Eidosmedia may also receive your information directly from a third-party recruitment firm to whom you have provided permission to share your information with us. If you become an employee of, or otherwise work for, Eidosmedia will, with your prior consent, collect further information from background checks in addition to that described in this notice.
Eidosmedia networking events
Eidosmedia collects information on past and future attendees and speakers for our networking events, including name, title, photo and biography. This information is kept in line with our data retention policy and is not shared with any third party for marketing purposes.
You are not obliged to provide us with your information where it is requested, but this may affect our ability to provide certain services to you. We will make it clear where this is the case.
Our use of your information
We use your information on the basis that:
• it is in our or others’ legitimate interests to do so (as described below), and such interests are not overridden by your privacy interests;
• it is required or desirable to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities
• in some cases, it is necessary or desirable for us to enter into, and perform our obligations under, our contract with you or our clients; and/or
• we have obtained your consent, if we have obtained that consent.
Eidosmedia may use your information for the purposes of the following legitimate interests:
• responding to your enquiries and resolving your complaints;
• if you have applied for a job, assessing your application for employment with us;
• communicating with you about service updates, marketing and promotions based on your communication preferences (if you would like to stop receiving these communications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org);
• communicating with you about potential business, partnership or career opportunities;
• compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations
• compliance with Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, references, background and other similar checks on Eidosmedia;
• obtaining professional services from our lawyers, accountants, consultants and auditors;
• conducting market due diligence or other due diligence in respect of potential or actual investment opportunities;
• evaluating potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
• searching and assessing potential investment and value creation opportunities for Eidosmedia;
• transfer to a potential buyer or merger partner, including their advisers in connection with an actual or potential merger or acquisition;
• administer relationships, meetings and travels for employees, client’s, business partners and experts; and / or
• improving our marketing materials to improve their relevance to those visiting our website and social media channels.
If you would like further information on how we have balanced our and others’ legitimate interests against your privacy interests, please contact email@example.com
Who we share your information with
Eidosmedia shares your information with third parties, including subcontractors, agents and service providers who need your information in the course of providing services for and on behalf of us for the purposes specified in this privacy statement. Where a third party is used for these specified reasons, we will ensure that each such service provider has agreed to protect and maintain the confidentiality and security of information Eidosmedia shares with them.
Third party IT providers
Eidosmedia engages trusted third party IT providers. Information will only be transferred to third party IT providers where reasonably necessary to enable us to fulfil the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and we will ensure that those suppliers are subject to agreements regarding the protection of your information.
Potential merger or acquisition
In addition, we may share information with a potential buyer, seller, co-investor or joint venture partner and their advisers in connection with any actual or potential acquisition, sale, joint venture or similar transactions.
Where required or permitted by law
We may disclose your personal information: (a) as required or permitted by, or to comply with, applicable law, regulation, court process or other statutory requirement; (b) respond to requests from or required by any regulatory, supervisory or governmental authorities or (c) to comply with Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, references, background and other similar checks on Eidosmedia.
Transferring information internationally
Occasionally your information could be transferred to a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) – such as the USA. A jurisdiction like the USA may not offer the same level of data protection as in your home jurisdiction, and may not be regarded by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection. Where your information is transferred from within the EEA to a location outside of the EEA, care is taken to ensure that the transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards (which may be contractual in nature) in accordance with data protection laws.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Retention and deletion
The data we collect will only be retained for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purposes set out in this privacy statement. This period is up to 10 years, except in relation to data collected about visitors to the website, which is retained for 50 weeks. However, we will retain your information for longer periods where permitted or required by law, including the duration of any statutory limitation periods. Deletions will be carried out in accordance with Eidosmedia’ s retention policy. Any information stored in hard copy format (in paper form) is treated as confidential and will be shredded at the point of deletion.
Data protection laws in some countries provide you with various rights. In particular, in the European Union, data protection laws provide rights to:
• object to the processing of your information;
• be removed from our marketing lists or change your marketing preferences by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
• request a copy of the information we hold about you;
• withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent that such processing is based on consent)
• restrict our processing of your information;
• ask that we delete or correct the information that we hold about you; and
• ask for personal data you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats.
These rights are not absolute: they do not always apply and exemptions may be engaged. We may, in response to a request ask you to verify your identity and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, we will explain why.
To exercise any of these rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or our privacy related practices, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information you have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.
• In Italy, the local regulator is the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali), whose website is available at https://www.garanteprivacy.it/
Scope of this Notice
This notice applies to potential and actual customers, consultants, suppliers, advisers, actual and potential business partners, recruitment candidates, and visitors to our office and website.
This privacy statement was updated on 11.21.2022
Examples of information that can be processed using the cookies are your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, the type and version of your browser, operating system and platform you used to connect, our services online you viewed or searched for, the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) from which or through which you entered and left our online services, and the date and time of such activity.
In most browsers, in the toolbar, you can find the "Help" section: This section can be used to change your computer's settings to, for example, receive a notification whenever a site where to use a cookie or in order to disable all cookies. However, if you were to disable all cookies, some of the features of our online services may not function properly, or access to them might be more difficult. To learn more about cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu .
Wide information on Cookies
GENERAL INFORMATION ON COOKIES
Cookies consist of code installed in the browser. These are small text files that the sites visited by users send to their terminals, where they are stored before being retransmitted to the same sites during subsequent visits. Cookies are used for different purposes, have different characteristics and can be used both by the owner of the website that the user is visiting, or a third party. The main categories in which they are divided Cookies are as follows
- Session and Persistent Cookies
- Technical Cookies and profiling
- First Party Cookies and Third Party
Session cookies and permanence
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (the period between the opening of a browser window by the user and its closure), or can be stored for a longer period of time. Session cookies are those that allow web sites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. Session cookies expire when the browser session ends. Persistent cookies are stored on a user's device between browser sessions, for varying periods of time, and allow you to store your preferences or the User's actions with respect to a Website.
Technical cookies and profiling
Technical Cookies are those used by the owner of a site for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or by 'User to provide the service. For the installation of these cookies you are not required the prior consent of Users when used directly from the site manager.
The profiling Cookies are intended to create profiles of the User and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same part of surfing the net. Given the considerable invasiveness that these cookies can have within the private sphere of the Members, the European and Italian legislation provides that the User must be adequately informed about the use of the same, through a short informative (banner) and a present extended on the Site, and that is to give its express consent to do the first time you visit the site. this consent may be expressed in a general way, by interacting with the brief information banner present on the landing page of the site, in the manner indicated in this banner, or it can be provided or denied in a selective manner, in the manner indicated below. This consensus is tracked at subsequent visits. However, the user always has the option to revoke all or part of the consent already given.
First-party and third-party cookies
Cookie is a "first-party" or "third-party" according to the web site or the domain from which it comes.
The First Party Cookies are, in essence, the set Cookies and managed by the owner of the website. For these cookies, the disclosure obligation, the acquisition of any consent and / or can block with the holder Cookies Site.
Cookies Third Party Cookies set are from a different domain than visited by the user. For these Cookies, and the disclosure obligation to indicate the detailed rules for any consent and / or blocking of cookies is for the third party, while the owner of the website is done only required to include in your site link to the site of third party where such items are available.
COOKIE OF PART ONE
Cookies used by the Owner on the site are only of a technical nature and can be divided into the following subcategories:
- Navigation cookies, by which you can save your browsing preferences and optimize the experience of browsing the User;
- Analytics cookie, whereby you acquire statistical information about the users' browsing mode. Such information is treated in aggregate and anonymous form;
- Functional cookies, including third parties, used to activate specific functions of this Site and required to provide the service or to improve it.
These cookies as specified in the preceding paragraph, being technical in nature, do not require the prior consent of the User to be installed and used.
OTHER TYPES OF COOKIES OR THIRD PARTY TOOLS
you can share this information with other parties, as for example, advertisers, which i could use their own cookies to collect information on the activities performed by users on the Site.
Advertisers may use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
These cookies are not controlled directly by the Site, to revoke such consent is necessary to refer to the websites of third parties or refer to the website.
Notwithstanding the above, the Holder informs that the user can make use of services by fontiti http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it website, through which you can manage your tracking preferences of most advertising tools. The owner, therefore, recommends Users to use this resource in addition to the information provided in this document.
Advertising profiling cookies
These services allow you to use the User Information for commercial communications purposes in various forms of advertising, such as banner, also in relation to the User's interests.
This does not mean that all Personal Data are used for this purpose.
Cookies social network
These services allow you to make interactions with social networks, or other external platforms directly from the pages of the Site.
Interactions and information obtained from this Site shall in any event be subject to the User's privacy settings to any social network.
In case it is possible that, even if the Users do not use the service, the same collect traffic data for pages on which you installed a service interaction with social networks is installed.
The services contained in this section allow the Data Controller to monitor and analyze traffic data and are used to keep track of User behavior.
ROLE OF THE OWNER AS DISTRIBUTOR OF ADVERTISING SERVICES
The holder informs you that the instruments listed in the sections of this document regarding the treatment are also used for advertising and tracking purposes Members, in case the holder acts as provider of advertising services to third parties.
The Holder also may be required to install tracking codes related to advertising space on web services not directly managed by the applicant but still belonging to the owner of the network, to allow the customer to track the progress of a specific advertising campaign.
The duration of this tracking activity is variable and may also be limited to a few days or weeks, making it impossible to publish a constantly updated list in this document.
Therefore, to get more information and updates about, we recommend that you contact the owner to the contact information contained in this document.